Sunday, May 2, 2010

Ceramics!

Continuing to report on on exciting events around here. This weekend, post-Friday night: mowed my backyard with the push mower. Got a blister. Scared A. who was keeping me company then cried to go inside. This may have been when I got mad at the crappy lawnmower.

Butternut squash soup - self-explanatory, made from scratch, though I refuse to buy whole squash and kill myself while slicing it. Better to buy it already in pieces.

Last but not least....ceramics! Yes, ceramics. There's an annual show here in Portland and I'm going today. I may see Monster Man, James De Rosso, who crafts monster sculptures and who had a tiny crush on me a while back. While attractive, I must wonder: a grown man who sculpts monsters? Why must I attract all the stable, uber-successful, straight arrow types?

If you're looking for a thrilling video, take a peek at this video clip from the 2009 ceramics show. It will rock your world:

http://www.ceramicshowcase.com/sc-video-promo2010.htm

If you're hankering for a small monster titled Screaming Hug or something, take a look at James's site. Apparently, a lot of women buy them for men in their lives. I wonder why?

http://www.citizens-of-the-universe.com/monsters/index.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment