Friday, May 21, 2010

Awesome Blossom!

What's better than heading to the coast for the weekend? Why spending it with three, fantastic, lovely, wonderful gay men. Awesome Blossom! Google this to see pictures of the Chili's appetizer - impressive. I have a weekend ahead in Lincoln City filled with well prepared snacks, chilled Prosecco, lots of chit chat and romantic comedies. Just threw a bunch of novels in my bag and I could not be more pleased.

My brother's reaction to my planned trip, which is for K's 30th birthday was: 3 gay men, I wonder why you're single? I agree with the sentiment but obviously, I'm not changing my plans. But it did lead to an interesting discussion with a casual friend. I told her the story of how my mom asked me once - one summer break from college - if you know, there was anything I wanted to tell her. I was pretty positive that she thought perhaps since I had not serious boyfriend yet, I might be a lesbian. I responded empathically that I had absolutely nothing to tell her. My friend understood this lament and it had been even worse for her. She had been married (to a man) 14 years then divorced and since she'd had no boyfriends for a decade there was a rumor in her family that she was a lesbian. Her respond was classic, "Please tell them I like penises."

And that's all I have to say for today, really. If I could will myself, I would. I would! Women are awesome creatures. I know so many wonderful, bright, funny, sharp, smart, loyal, interesting, lovely women. But I also like penises. Preferably on straight men.

TGIF.

No comments:

Post a Comment