Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Bossy N. & Mean JB

Alter egos were out and about last week, spurred on by my post about a certain family member making a specific request for a particular type of herb. N. did supply some of this natural substance and though it's hardly a part of my regime - it's happened like 3 or 4xs in the last 2 years, it was quite relaxing. So relaxing I fell asleep on my couch. Until a certain person - N.! - woke me from the back room, my office, to make me watch a video. I was told I would watch it, and though I'd slipped into the most relaxed state I've been in, aside from actual sleep, in perhaps years, I watched it. Then I was told I'd watch another one, which I did. Bossy N. was in the house. Bossy N. eats a lot of cereal.

The next dangerous step, literally, was taking the little monster for a walk. During the walk, I tripped over the edge of a lawn. More precisely, some person had edged a lawn and left the curly long, muddy bit on the sidewalk. This is what caused me to fly in the air. I kept repeating to N. that I hurt myself, my finger really tingled, but I didn't think he understood fully enough. I said, "I'm in pain." But he has a sufficient excuse, oh I mean reason, for being quiet: humiliation. Earlier in our walk he announced, "I can't understand why I haven't been laid in so long!"

Just when you think you're alone in Portland on a sleepy street in a dead neighborhood, you will always find a sneaky little person hidden by wisteria, bamboo, or both. Uncontrollable giggles escaped from a porch nearby. N and I did what any self-respecting, not getting laid bunch of friends would do: we increased our pace, pretended to have no peripheral vision, and didn't look back.

So what if they're my neighbors? People, apparently, are concerned about the health of the city. I read this nearby a rather phallic art project at Mt. Tabor. But my argument is that N.'s dilemma, and really, mine is a much more pressing issue.

Check it out, the Portland Acupuncture Project public installation. Might I suggest clicking on the bottom picture?

http://www.oregonlive.com/art/index.ssf/2010/04/portland_a.html

No comments:

Post a Comment