Sunday, October 17, 2010

Helpful Advice

Driving Mom home from the hospital after a procedure requiring sedation. Opens her eyes a touch as we drive into the development I grew up in, which has about 10 different turns that bring you to the same place. Closes her eyes again after sharing:

Mom: You're going the wrong way.


xxx

Dad, while petting A.'s white fur, styling her bangs away from her eyes. A.'s long white eyelashes slowly lower and she's asleep. There is a lot of sleeping around this place.

Dad: If you don't write a book about this dog, I'll tell you. Something is wrong with you.

2 comments:

  1. Have you read or watched "Marley & Me"? I haven't read the book but saw the movie last week -- and I cried, in a good way. I can see you writing a book about A and you!

    Love,
    N

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are right. Lord knows I've got the time, the inspiration, the world's best dog and the passion. Plus, my dad would have something to brag about at weddings and bat mitzvahs.

    ReplyDelete