Wednesday, September 2, 2009

When a Guy Doesn't Get Your Message

Does this ever actually happen? Does technology fail single women? Ever? I hate to sound like a cliche. But if I at least acknowledge it, then maybe it's not so bad. I am a cliche. I used to assume this mantra: he always got the call/text/email/carrier pigeon. Now I'm not so sure.

Specifically, I am wondering if the Curser really did not get my voicemail message from last Saturday. Let's review the facts:

HE sent ME a "missive" type email on match: crazy ass long, specific, tailored to me.
HE called me, fairly quickly after I give him my number.
I had to end the conversation early. I called him back later that night.
No response. Nothing. Zero. Zilch.

So those are the facts. I sent a quick text tonight, with the aid of S., always helpful. I tried to speak The Curser's language: Why the F didn't you call me back? No, not be cursing per se, but just direct instead of all polite and long and nice. I wrote: Hey. Hope you got my message saturday and you're having a good week. Give me call sometime. He responded within ten minutes and wrote that he did not get my message but would check his voicemail. Also, he was leaving for Chicago until Wednesday...that's three dots. Not four, not two, not five. Three. An ellipsis. But what it really meant, I think, was an indication of a mystery or a well now what? BUT

What does this mean? Could this possibly mean anything at all? Ever?

Sadly, I did call him. And I'll tell you why, since you begged. It was the first conversation I'd had with a man where I was attracted to him since my ex. The Curser has a great voice, was whipsmart, and did I mention the sexy voice? Why? Why did I need to leave an actual, human message when I could have simply texted once again? A much less vulnerable move.

Perhaps I wanted to show him I do like him. As much as a thirty minute conversation will allow. Now it's time to scrounge up 2 dates in 4 days.

Shouldn't be a problem...

No comments:

Post a Comment